CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Sunday, March 15, 2009

This is how I feel...

While MOH and I were shopping today for her dress, we got into a discussion about how we needed to get back to working out and losing weight. Her motivation, fitting into the size of BM dress she ordered. My motivation, not looking like a balloon when I see people that knew me when I was skinny. Case in point: Ryan and I are going to a reception in H-town for someone I knew my freshman year in college i.e. when I was 15 lbs lighter. Now she is still as skinny if not more and I'm a freakin' blimp. So I think that's pretty good motivation to get my ass in gear. Yea yea, you may say that's shallow. But I know for a fact that I'm not the only one that uses these kinds of situations as wake-up calls to get your ass to the gym.

So Ryan and I went for a run tonight. It was actually a really good run. A good start on the long road to skinny bitch status. But while running, this image and song popped into my head:

(**sing song voice**) Jiiiiiglyyyyypuuuuuf, jiiiiglyyyyypuuuuff.......

It's going to be a long weightloss road....

Selina's Signature

2 comments:

Jen said...

hahaha jigglypuff killed me.

but be real, everybody's motivation is looking good. so i think that's perfectly fine motivation if it works for you :)

Victoria said...

you are definitely not the only one who does that! being from austin, i hate running into people from high school (which happens like 8 times a day jeez) and feeling icky and like i look worse than the last time they saw me. i don't think it's shallow - it's not like we're judging them, just pre-judging ourselves before they judge us! hahaha. whatever works for ya girl. maybe we can work out together sometime! :)