CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First day

So today was my first day of work. It was good. Just did basic 'training' stuff i.e. how to make the coffee for all the non-morning people and answering the phone. Everyone is super nice. Sadly, I really doubt that I will remember everyone's name that introduced themselves today. I did notice that there are some people who just don't clean up after themselves. One dude left his jimmie john's sandwich wrapper, mountain dew, and water cup sitting in the middle of the conference room that a mtg had just taken place in. This conference room is smack dag right when you walk in, maybe 4 ft from my desk.....and the doors are glass. I saw it was you foolio! Pick up yo' shit. The least he could have done was buy me freakin' lunch if he was just gonna leave his trash lying around. But besides that, it was a good day. Carpooling with Ryan went find, other than the insane amount of traffic since people don't know how to drive in the rain. But I'm so glad to have a jobbie. I need to remember to take snacks and a water cup tomorrow so that I don't fall off the wagon and eat more junk food.

@Alexis-Which yoga yoga do you go to? And which type of yoga do you do?
Selina's Signature

3 comments:

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

yeah, some people are really inconsiderate. little things like turning off lights, desk lamps and monitors at the end of the day really don't seem like that big of a deal, but it's just wasteful to keep all that stuff on. people will throw a cup into the sink and not wash it.

glad your first day went well. i had to do a snack run this evening too so i won't start eating junk at work.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on surviving your first day! Maybe after you've established yourself a little (and not look like the rude new girl haha) you can say something about the trash thing? Or maybe it was a random one time thing? Hopefully...

And BTW--I used the cheapest champagne I could find in those cupcakes! They were very yummy and got LOTS of compliments at work today!

Linda said...

yay for your first day :)