CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mucho Sadness

So, today started off as a really good day. I met Ryan for lunch, picked up Sentinel for the doggies and went Wal-martin' to get some new paint rollers and a drop cloth so Ryan and I could finish painting the accent wall upstairs.

Then I decided to log into myspace. I never log into that damn thing. As I was reading the updates, I noticed one in particular from Ryan's cousin. She wrote that she was sad and missing her cousin and RIP. Then I remember a conversation that Ryan and I had yesterday. His sister had called and said that someone had been killed in Austin......well I googled the name and it turned out that the cousin (not directly blood related to Ryan but related in the Mexican way) was the girl whose body they found by Decker Lake. Of course I called Ryan asap and told him....

I just couldn't believe it. I lit a candle and have been saying prayers all evening. Even during my run (YES I did a cardio workout tonight!!), I couldn't stop thinking about her. I only met her a few times at Christmas but it still makes me really sad. Turns out that my brother actually graduated with her and the word was spreading quickly among her graduating class.

I don't know how many of you are the praying type but if you could, please say a prayer to whichever deity you believe in that they catch whoever did this.

2 comments:

Jen said...

oh selina that is awful. you guys and her family will be in my thoughts.

Victoria said...

I'm so sorry. I remember Christy too, from high school. It's so tragic...