CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

[**EDIT**]
I forgot to mention that yesterday, Ryan and I took the dogs walking and I ran a few laps around our subdivisions's 'track' and then came home and jumped rope! Don't laugh. I love jumping rope. Anywhoo...hooray for already starting my cardio workouts!
[**End Edit**] =)

So today is Ash Wednesday. When I was younger, we would go to mass. Now, I don't really attend church to much. Don't get me wrong, I have my beliefs, it's just that, at this point in time, I don't always agree with the Catholic church. But that's neither here nor there.

I always give up something for Lent. In the past it's been chocolate, soda, fast food...stuff of that nature. This year, I think I'm going to go about it a little differently. Rather than giving something up, I'm going to promise to do something every week. In my case, as lame as it is, it's going to be promising myself that I will do a cardio workout at least 3 times a week. I talked to a friend who is getting married soon and she told me something that her priest said during a mass. He said that while Lent is for sacrificing something for 40 days, you should not give up something that will make you ill towards others. His example was that if you are a chocolate lover and give up chocolate for Lent, but in turn that makes you cranky and mean to those around you, then maybe you should think about giving something else up. While Lent is about sacrifice, it shouldn't make the people around you miserable. I dunno, that was just something that I found intriguing. But I still do no meat on Fridays. =) That's something I've always done also.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

ooh, I think I'll also go back to no meat on Fridays. I've slacked on that in recent years.

yay you and your workout plans!! come join me and sweetscarlet at the south boot camp sometime... :)

Melizza Makes said...

I also have decided not to give something up but rather to add two AM workouts a week. Good luck!