CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Friday, February 20, 2009

Aye Dios..

My head is killing me. Stupid sinus headache. At least it stayed away until after my interview. But while I was at half price books, *WHAM*. Totally hit me. Must have been all the lights. I hightailed it home after that.

Of course, as soon as I walk in the door, Ratchet is barking up a storm. It seems that he was tattle tailing on Dakota. I walked into the living room and found her chewing on one of my old running shoes............aye Dios mio. I was livid. And she knew it. She ran into the kitchen to try and hide. I was so mad that I picked up the shoe and threw it in the kitchen (excessive, I know but headache + ruined shoes = not thinking straight). I just walked away from her, went upstairs and closed the door. So I think she knew that she did something she wasn't suppose to. Right now she's hiding outside somewhere digging up my yard.

Back to the interview. It went really well. The unfortunate part is that the company is being cautious in their hiring process b/c of the economy and stuff so they might end up hiring for a summer fulltime internship. I guess a job is a job and you hope that it turns into a full time hire. But he (the CEO!!) did tell me that he's going to talk to the project managers about maybe hiring me as a contract employee for some big projects they have in March. Sounds interesting....Does anyone have any experience doing contract work? Pros? Cons? Any advice would be awesome.

3 comments:

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

pros: flexible (not tied down to a single job), more ability to negotiate per hour/per job pay (usually higher than FT salaried employee)

cons: no benefits (insurance, 401K, etc), no job security (contractors are usually first to get cut)

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

forgot to mention, in tough times like now, good jobs of any kind are hard to find. take the best that you are offered.

Linda said...

i had a weird experience with taxes due to the contract work. it wasnt worth it for me. i dont evenknow what happened but i had to hand it over to an accountant.

but income is income right?