CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Friday, April 3, 2009

Thursday's not so fun adventure...

So, I will preface this blog post by saying that I am alright and feeling 100 times better than I was yesterday night...

If I had a twitter account, at around 8:30pm, it would have said 'On the way to the Seton ER'.

All day yesterday, I felt a little off. I had a pain in my lower right abdomen that wouldn't go away. I thought I slept wrong, or pulled a muscle while walking or just by being a complete klutz. But the pain didn't go away. After canceling a trip to go with Trish to First Thursday, I went home to try and nap the pain away....yea, didn't work. It actually felt like it was getting worse. If I put pressure on the lower right of my abdomen, it would hurt....a lot.

After arriving at the ER, talking to the nurses, finally seeing a doctor, getting examined, and have a CT scan done, the verdict was in. I needed to have surgery to have my appendix removed. I was TERRIFIED. This was the first time I had been a patient in a hospital since I was born. And here I was, being told that I was going to be prepped for the O.R. in 30 minutes. I'm usually one tough cookie, but this cookie was crumbling from fear. Thank the Lord that Ryan & my parents were there. I was a wreck.

But everyone at the Seton off of 183 & Braker was A-MAY-ZING. They took care of me, kept my parents informed and just helped me calm down. I ended up going into surgery at about midnight and finished at about 2AM this morning. The good thing is that since I'm 'young & healthy' I was able to be released after lunch today around 2pm.

So now I'm at home just resting and hanging out. Thanks to everyone who txted me & sent me 'get well soon' vibes after seeing Ryan's blog. To Linda, Lily, Erin, Dawn & many others, I'm sorry that I/Ryan didn't txt or call to tell you guys what was going on. I didn't want to worry everyone.

I totally learned from this experience. I have always been a person that would get sick, and hope it would 'clear up on its own'. After this, I realized that I will not be having that mentality. I was really really lucky that Ryan pushed me to go to the ER, otherwise we would have been dealing with a ruptured appendix.

Anywho, I guess it's back to bed and resting up. I am sad that I won't be able to do my boot camp anymore. Guess the new 'skinny plan' will have to wait about another 6 weeks. So much for the Texas Roundup 5k. I'm still totally having my birthday party though...... =)

P.S. Trish, I will definitely be needing that cupcake on Sunday. =) I hope you gave a great birthday this weekend!

Selina's Signature

13 comments:

Unknown said...

SO glad you caught it in time! Wishing you a speedy recovery! (Filled with lots of cupcakes! =)

Jen said...

oh my gosh! i'm glad you're okay. get well soon.

Jennifer said...

OMG that's crazy but I'm glad you went to the ER and got it fixed and are okay!

Feel better fast!

Trish Finfer said...

Geeze! You don't have to make up such elaborate stories just to get out of hanging out with me...in all seriousness though, I am SO glad you bailed out or you would have had a tummy full of pizza which would not have been good for surgery!!!

I am all over that cupcake for you on Sunday like white on rice. Hey Cupckake with a whipper-snapper for you & Ryan?

XO - rest up.

Jill said...

goodness gracious!!! i'm glad you were able to get into surgery asap. take time to recover and maybe milk it a little. just saying! ;) feel better girlie.

Laura said...

Wow! Stop being so stubborn! :) Glad you're okay, and hope you feel better today!

Christy said...

oh wow! crazy but glad you are ok! rest up and feel better!

Kristy said...

Selina!! I'm glad you're doing okay!! Good for Ryan for making you go to the ER. Hope you have a quick and painless recovery. And shush it about boot camp - you are skinny minies!!

Victoria said...

I'm so glad you are okay!

Saskia said...

I'm so sorry to read your news... I completely understand how scared you must have felt. I've never been in hospital for anything either & I'd be terrified.

It's great news that you got to the ER in time & are now ok.

Feel better soon x

oli said...

omg that is NOT a cool surprise!! I'm glad everything is all better!

V-Ro said...

Oh no! Glad to hear you're ok!! Get well soon!!

Heather said...

Late to the "party" but sooo glad you're doing ok!