CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Past, Present, Future

So I holla'ed at a few old friends last night from when I first started college. Ooooh good ol' Kinsolving Dorm. And I started thinking about how in the world we lost touch to begin with. One girl and I used to be inseparable. We lived down the hall from each other, were in APO together etc etc. We were still pretty close after our 2nd year of college and then after that, I don't even know what happened. Thinking back, it makes me kinda sad. She had been there through the insanity that was my life before Ryan and she was there for the joy when Ryan and I finally became an item. How does that happen? I guess maybe I was wrapped up in my own life to really notice the friendships that were fading. Now she's married and had a beautiful wedding from the Facebook pics I saw. Good for her. Congrats girl! As much as I hate facebook sometimes, at least it's good for something every once in awhile.

This morning I read Kate's Bride Wars post and I started thinking about my own wedding. I am not really sure it falls into a category. Yes, it needs to be practical/budget friendly/DIY/gorgeous but I wouldn't squarly put it in one of those. Can we hodge-podge a new category? =) Haha. What shall I call it. While it is not possible for me to have the designer dress and gorgeous 3 ft tall centerpieces (and more power to those of you that do, I love all that), I do love my own picks for my wedding. =) Anyways, I'm starting to realize even though I can't have everything I want, I know it will still be amazing and that our friends/family are going to be there for US and not to nit-pick every little thing. That's my job. =) And speaking of wedding, our engagement pics are uploaded and the DVD is on it's way. Which means Save The Dates are next to be checked off! What What!

That is all....for now...

0 comments: