CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Flowers?

So I received the quote from Rebekah for the wedding flowers we discussed. It's a very good price, don't get me wrong. It's actually an AMAZING price...but I'm still on the fence about DIY'ing my flowers using some super real looking silk flowers from Hobby Lobby (pictures in previous post somewhere). I know if I DIY the BM's bouquets, it will save some moolah but I'm not sure how half real/half fake would look. Does anyone know how to DIY bouts & corsages with silk flowers? I figure that the wire & plastic stem would make it very difficult to pin a bout. I dunno.

I'm also attempting to design our wedding program right now. Yea, 8 months before the wedding. I'm a loser, I know. I just need something to occupy my time. Ryan installed a VM w/ Fedora on my lappy so I guess I could play around with that too.....I think I need to figure out a day to get out of the house and just do something...

P.S. Ryan still hasn't called. So I'm just going to assume that he's made it to work and got pulled into meetings. Aaaaaaaaaand there is still ice all over the grill and other random stuff in the backyard. yay

3 comments:

V-Ro said...

my mom is diy-ing our bm bouquets and corsages and bouts... i think we're using real flowers tho. maybe we can get together and practice!

Victoria said...

what we're doing is having real flowers for all the personal flowers (bouquets, bouts, flower girl rose petals) and my family friend is using fakes to make our centerpieces/decor. that might work for you!

Jill said...

i would love to do my programs that early but i don't fully trust my girls! like, i am waiting until all of their flights and hotels are booked before i have 150 fan programs printed and assembled. i love them to death, but we were an irresponsible group growing up!