CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2008

So the following was borrowed from Terri's blog. I don't usually do the end of the year 'let's see what I did right and where I failed miserably' types of things but I think this year is an especially good year to start.

a year in review

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Got engaged. =)

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't really do New Years resolutions anymore. I do New Years goals. It's easier to set goals than to keep resolutions. But I will have to say that I didn't really reach my goal (which was the typical work out more blah blah blah). I will say that I have become more conscious about what I eat and have started working out more than I did before. And I'll probably keep the same goal for next year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Someone super close? Oh, my cousin did! Little baby Angelina. She's precious. A few of Ryan's cousin's also had babies this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Grandma. *Tears*

5. What countries did you visit? Let's check the 'None' box.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A job. More motivation to get in shape.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 4.27.08 Ryan proposed on this date and it was our 5 year dating anniversary.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting the house. I sometimes still can't believe that this is OUR house! It's still very surreal.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting in shape. Losing my job. I know it was part of massive layoffs but still, it doesn't keep me from thinking about what I could have done differently. (and let's not go into the fact that they called me a month later, after I had gotten over being laid off mind you, and said that it was an 'oversight' and that I should never have been let go. yea, i smell bullshit)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Had a few colds. Started getting allergies too. That was an interesting experience. And one that I am def. not a fan of.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My wedding dress. It's probably the biggest purchase I will ever make. And it's beautiful. I didn't really buy many new clothes in the past year. At least none that I am like 'omg that was so awesome I got that'.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ryan's. Always and forever. He has been sooo amazing throughout this whole unemployment process & with actually helping me plan the wedding. He deserves a reward and a prize sometimes for putting up with me. I know I can be a handfull. Especially when I'm in a pissy mood or when I'm acting like a child. (Shut up, it takes a lot to admit that you were actin' a fool)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My ex-employer. And a few others but they aren't worth my time to be named.

14. Where did most of your money go? The house for sure. Pretty much all the money went to the house. Then probably groceries/bills. And now wedding.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Do I really have to say it again? The wedding! Ryan proposing! Planning this wedding has so far been one of the most exciting experiences. Especially since Ryan is a groom that enjoys helping me and planning things too!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I have no idea.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Very much happier. I'm on a high right now have having 2 Gold Star Weeks in a row. And even with the loss of my job, I am so much happier now. Last year at this time I was waiting for final grades to be posted and stressed about school and getting a job and all that.
ii. thinner or fatter? I dunno. Maybe the same? I would love to say thinner but I just don't know. The scale and I are not friends right now.
iii. richer or poorer? hahahahhaha def. poorer. I mean, I have savings but no spending money. Yay student loans and mortgage payments!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? spent more time with certain friends.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Put up with bullshit from certain people. Maybe had gone out to eat less so I could have saved more money.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? Christmas Eve will be in Waeldar with Ryan's family and then we will come back to Austin on Christmas day and spend it with my familia.

21. How will you be ringing in the New Year? No idea. Ryan & I are toying with the idea of having a New Years party but we really have no idea who would come. Wanna join us?

22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, every single day. Especially now though this whole roller coaster time.

23. Who was your hero? Ryan.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Dancing with the stars, gossip girl, CSI: NY

25. What was something you needed to do and didn’t get around to? hmmm...I have no idea. There is always a ton of stuff I want/need to do and don't do it. I should start a list and put it on the fridge...

26. What was the best book you read? I really liked the Twilight series, The Other Boleyn Girl and I'm sure a ton of others that I can't remember.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Julieta Venegas, Alejando Fernandez

28. What did you want and get? And engagement ring. The most perfect ring EVER!

29. What did you want and not get? I'm with Terri on this one and have to say a new car. Not necessarily new but new to me. Ryan and I were starting to research cars etc until I got canned so that went down the toilet.

30. What was your favorite film of this year? I'm a total loser. I don't even remember any of the movies I saw in 2008. Did I even see any new movies? omg

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 24 this year and a group of friends joined me for dinner at Buca di Beppo. Then we spend the night drinking and dancing away at Cuba Libre. It was so much fun.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I'm not really sure. I know having a job would make my year extremely more satisfying but everything happens for a reason, right? 2008 has already been pretty sweet.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Jeans and a cute top I guess. But I love jeans and tshirt times. I guess I should revamp that.

34. What kept you sane? Reading books that weren't for school! And playing with the Ratchito (and now with Dakota also).

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have no idea.

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Oh goodness. Where do I start. All the insanity with gay marriage. I mean, seriously? You can't help who you fall in love with and last I heard, we are all human beings. And this bailout crap. all of it. From the financial markets to the auto industry. It all makes the future look very bleak.

37. Who did you miss? Ryan. And Grandma.

38. Who was the best new person you met? Esther. She is one of the most real ppl I know. I love her to death.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Don't sweat the small stuff. Real friends stick with you through everything.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Everyone is going to think I'm such a nerd but the song I have been loving is a Taylor Swift song. "You be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby just say yes."

1 comments:

Linda said...

you know what's funny?

i have a draft saved for my favorite so and so's of 2008 and for books, i listed three books, 2 of them were 1 twlight series and 2. the other boleynn girl