CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Love It

A little late but Merry Christmas! Santa/Ryan brought me something that I really wanted. NEW COOKBOOKS! My love of cooking has been rekindled. The no job thing has been making me lazy and lame. But I was flipping through these two beautiful new books and they are going to be filled with Post It flags in the next few days. I can't wait to try them out.


For Christmas Eve, Ryan and I ventured to Waelder to spend time with his family. It was fun. His dad made brisket and all I can say is DAMN. It was soooooooo good. He made a whole freakin' brisket for us to bring back to my family. I couldn't believe it. mmmmmm I'm drooling just thinking about it. Then we came back early on Christmas morning to spend it with my family here in Austin. Good times, great food, awesome desserts...mmmmm.

Today we took the fur babies to Red Bud Isle. It was awesome. We were worried that the weather was going to be crappy b/c it was windy/drizzling/'cold' in P-ville but we took a chance and went anyways. I'm so glad we did. Blue skies all around at Red Bud. Ratchet was sooo excited to be back and able to run around leash-less. He didn't really get in the water this time, probably bc it was a little cooler than what he is used to. Miss Dakota did very well for her first dog park experience. Ryan and I took her to the back of Red Bud so that there wasn't any real way she could run off with the isle being surrounded by water. She did sooo well. At one point, she wandered off with a group of people heading to their cars and did not listen to Ryan at all when he called her. But what made it even funnier is when she tried to do it again and I called her, she turned her furry butt around and came back. I guess that's what happens when you spend so much time with them at home, they know which tone of voice means business. haha. So I guess another trip down there will be put on the calendar when the weather is nice. Anyone wanna join for a doggy play date?

1 comments:

Linda said...

now u can cook for ur wifey