CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Awesomeness

[EDIT: CARLI POSTED SOME OF OUR PICTURES! GO LOOK!]

This weekend was pretty badass. Let's recap.

Friday
Meet my old boss and one of my bridesmaids for lunch. It was totally fun. Had food from The Spicy Pickle for lunch. I had the best Spinach salad. I also recommend the Roma Panini. =) Then I went to visit with Victoria and her 3 awesome little boys. They are just to cute for words!

Saturday
Oh what an amazing day. I woke up not in a good mood on Saturday and was being stubborn and didn't want to do anything. Well, Ryan convinced me that we should still go do the errands that we had planned on Saturday. The errands consisted of going to look at wedding bands at Samuels and stop at Old Navy to look for sweaters for our engagement pictures. So off we went to Samuels. Of course Greg was there. He was the one that helped Ryan pic out my engagement ring. He is so awesome. Remembered my ring, was just extremely helpful. Well, we ended up finding the wedding bands for both of us. A trip that was just going to be for looking turned into a trip where we found exactly what we wanted!! I LOVE my wedding band. It fits perfect and looks amazing with my ring. I keep wanting to be sneaky and look at it b/c I love it so much. Earlier in the week Ryan & I had gone to Helzberg in the mall and saw a pretty wedding band for me but it was one that I just liked, not loved. The salesgirl also put me off too. She was so pushy with her 'what if it isn't here anymore' and 'you should just go ahead and get it' comments. It's a lot of money! I'm not going to drop more money unless I love what I'm getting. Ok, off topic. Anyways, Ryan also found a wedding band at Samuels that he really liked (since boys will never admit that they 'love' jewelry..haha j/k). His is a titanium wedding band. It is pretty freaking awesome. So after that fun stop, we went to Old Navy. Ryan ended up buying a really nice sweater. Unfortunetly, they did not have my size in the hot pink sweater I wanted. So off we went. To keep the happy momentum going, we stopped at Mighty Fine Burger. O.M.G. I always love their burgers but this burger was by far the best. White (aka Mayo) Jr. Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato & grilled onions. Holy crap. If you have not had Mighty Fine, then get your butt over there and get some! I will say it's a little more than I usually would like to spend on a burger but when it's that good, I do not care. =) Oh yea, and try the chocolate milkshake. mmmmmmmmmm
After stuffing our faces, we went back towards Pville & decided to stop at the Old Navy in La Frontera to see if maaaaaaaaybe (by some small chance) they had the hot pink sweater I wanted. And THEY DID! Score! After that, Ryan and I scurried home to take a nap (well, I napped, he played video games). Then we quit goofing around, got ready and headed to the southside of ATX for Diana's graduation party. OMG it was a great party. Good food, great friends, free booze, and lots of spanish music. Ryan and I were cumbia dancing all night. (Note: everyone coming to our wedding better learn to love the spanish music..dancing will be required)

Sunday
ENGAGEMENT PICTURES!!!!!!! We met Carli on campus about 8:30 to take our engagement pictures and it was so much fun. We took pictures for 2 hours!!! In front of the Union, the Tower, Littlefield Fountain, the Business School, Sanchez, the Blanton & the big ass star in front of the Bob Bullock Museum. And then Ryan and I had brunch at Einstein's after our session. =)

So this weekend was awesome. AND I have an interview tomorrow too. So wish me luck on that one. =)

2 comments:

Linda said...

good luck tomorrow!

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

the pictures look awesome! love the ones of ryan jumping. had no idea he could get that kind of air.