CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Workout thoughts..

So I'm a big ol' loser and haven't really worked out since bootcamp on Saturday. I'm so fired. I went walking on Monday evening, but I don't really think I'm going to count that. Honestly, I don't know what my dealio is. In my head, I want to get this workout party started. But everytime I go home, I'm hungry, tired, and would rather sit on my ass on the couch. No bueno. And yes, I could join a gym, but the looming date of joblessness and the extra cost of that is keeping me from doing it. I'm trying to scrounge up money for bootcamp once a week, I don't think I can afford a full out gym membership right now. That and the fact that I hate gyms. HATE. I am more comfortable working out outside. I feel like I can push myself harder with the open trail and jamming to Juanes and Shakira.

The wedding is less than 6 months away. That's plenty of time (I think) to lose a few inches. I'm not so much concerned with losing weight (but it's a nice idea) as I am with toning arms. I doubt I will have Michelle Obama arms, but a girl can dream. =) I am happy to say that I've been trying to consciously eat less lately and fill myself up with better for me foods. Salads, veggies, fruits...those kind of things. Gina's Weight Watcher blog has been helping me with that. And I've been filling myself up with more glasses of water so that I keep myself from snacking on crap food.

Part of the reason that I've started thinking more and more about why I keep failing at implenting a consistent workout routine, is that I started following this blog. It is really inspirational/motivational. I need to find that kind of drive. I know I can will myself to be that hardcore.

I am excited to say that I will hopefully be having a workout/running buddy soon. As long as her ankle starts feeling better. But I think tonight, I will go running. And I'll take the Dakota Bear with me. She alway acts a fool at the beginning of the run, but once she gets a stride, she's a badass. I hope Ratchet doesn't get to mad at me. His little legs only let him go so fast and so far. Oh, and I think tonight MUST be a pushup night. (Yea, I feel off that wagon also after the initial test and Day 1, how much do I suck?) But I think I'm going to switch down to column 2. Since the bootcamp workout is more focused on upper body/core workouts, I might need to take it a little easier on the pushup challenge. I'll report back on how my "plan" goes.

Selina's Signature

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It supposedly takes 21 days to make something a habit, so if you just make yourself do it for the next three weeks, it'll become natural. (Or so I've heard.)

And yes, you'll have a workout buddy soon! I'm testing out the ankle tonight! Fingers crossed!

Mel_Joulwan said...

Hey, girl! Thanks for the shout-out. Let me know if I can help you! Have you considered working out in the a.m.? I always train first thing in the morning so that being tired or cranky or having to work late doesn't interfere. If you can get it going early, you can cruise through the rest of the day.

XO.

Saskia said...

Good luck with it. It's so difficult for something to become a habit. If I didn't go to my yoga classes I wouldn't be motivated at all. I need someone telling me what to do!

Have a lovely weekend.

Saskia x