CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Friday, May 8, 2009

I did it!

I got my ass in gear last night and went running with my Dakota Bear. I'm not sure how far I went distance wise, but I can tell you I ran for 20 minutes solid and did 10 minutes of walking at the beginning and end of my run. This is a huge accomplishment because I haven't actually run since before my surgery (so a month now?). Hopefully I can get push myself to make this a regular occurrence. I also finally did Day 2 of the 100 Push Up Challenge. Took me long enough! But I only did column 2 because I have bootcamp on Saturday and I know she's going to kill us with arm exercises. So Gold Star workout night for me last night! =) I'm going to try to change my sleeping habits so that I can try out Melissa's suggestion of working out in the morning. I know once I get into it, waking up before the crack of dawn will be ok...but it's the initial 'holy crap the sun isn't even awake & I still have to shower and get ready' that is worrying me. I guess at this point, I have nothing to lose. This job ends the 22nd and then its back to government handouts. So I'll be at home anyways, might as well workout in the morning.

Weekend Plans:
Friday: Bro's senior salute concert
Saturday: clean downstairs of house, bootcamp @ 10:30am (holla if you wanna join in the fun), pick up Cynthia's BM dress, meet with Sarah, possibly dinner with Jennifer?
Sunday: Run, Mother's Day lunch with my Mommy, Men's Warehouse trip for Ryan, registering at Williams Sonoma!!!!

oh em gee, I'm exhausted just reading my weekend list.

Selina's Signature

5 comments:

Christy said...

good work!

and have a great weekend!

Mel_Joulwan said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a kickass workout. Have fun this weekend!

Jennifer said...

Yay for a good workout!

And yes dinner Saturday!

Michelleigh said...

...I'm going to come out of "lurker" status on this post. :)

I started working out this morning and even driving to the gym I'm still feeling half asleep - BUT cardio before work is better than a cup of coffee (so far!) I enjoy it...and you might too!

Jill said...

WOO HOO! go selina!!! you are way better than i am.