CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Dakota Bear


Everyone meet Dakota aka Big Bear. This morning, I just about had a heart attack/panic attack because she did not want to eat. My Dakota Bear does NOT pass up a meal. EVER. I should have noticed when she was super calm, almost lethargic, laying at my feed while I ate my cream of wheat & drank my coffee. When she didn't jump up to tackle Lovey when he opened the food container, I knew something was wrong. I knew something was SUPER wrong when the bia growled at me. Dakota does. not. growl at me.

Now, I didn't want to be one of those puppy mommies that calls the vet when my dog sneezes funny. So I got ready really quickly (which is why I'm glad no one came into the office today..I looked rough), let The Bear out, and watched her from the window. She finally took care of business, ate grass, most likely coughed it up and then went on her merry way. I was sooooooooooooooooooo relieved. I have no idea what made her act like that. She is like a little kid and puts EVERYTHING into her mouth. No joke. So who knows if it was something she ate or if it was because she didn't *ahem* use the ladies room last night...

I don't think that anyone could seriously understand my relief when she started to play with me and tried to sit on my lap (yes, she is 54 lbs & truly believes she weighs 15 lbs), & jumping on and off the couch unless they have had this experience with their fur baby. I seriously wanted to cry when she wouldnt eat. I mean, what exactly can you do? They can't tell you whats wrong. I'm so glad she's ok. Even though she is big and crazy, I couldn't do without my Dakota Bear.

Up next, a post about the amazingness that is Ratchet aka Ratchito aka Chiquito Ratchito aka Cheeto =)

Selina's Signature

3 comments:

Linda said...

i haven't really gotten to know dakota yet. i cant wait to read about ratchet and am happy dakota is feeling better.

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

glad dakota's feeling better. i've read that dogs will eat grass to force themselves to throw up if they have an upset stomach.

Vic said...

So glad she's doing better. She's so cute!