CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Monday, March 1, 2010

Something different

So I am attempting something new. Well, sorta. It's kind of an experiment for me. I'm attempting to be vegetarian for Lent. Now, I'm not a "practicing Catholic", but that's neither here nor there and I will not discuss details. Don't ask. I don't speak religion on this blog. Get over it. Email if you have questions.

Anywhos, I've decided to try this new thing because I started noticing that my eating habits were becoming a huge life disaster. Bootcamp and running is not as effective when you don't have the eating habits to go with it. I am happy to say that I've enjoyed this vegetarian adventure so far. I have had 1 slip this past weekend that involved Sonic, a chicken sandwich and a corn dog but we won't discuss that. There aren't many vegetarian/non fried food options when you are in Gonzales, TX. So gotta roll with the locals. =) It feels like a different adventure. I have noticed that I am trying to eat more fruits and veggies and making better choices with portions and stuff. So that is a step in the right directions. My boss is a vegetarian so she let me borrow some cookbooks with some very yummy looking recipes.

Now, I will say that I wasn't much of a red meat eater to begin with. It's cutting out chicken that is painful. But I can do it. And cutting out fried food has been difficult too. But it's something I gotta do. It was just to easy to go down the street through the drive thru line. This makes me feel more accountable for what I'm eating. And for what I'm spending money on. As much fun as fast food junk food is, I'd rather save money, watch what I eat and then splurge a little at a few of my fav local Pville/Round Rock italian food places. =)

Hooray Veggies! LOL

Selina's Signature

3 comments:

Vic said...

Nice! You'll have to share some of your fave newly discovered recipes. I have a 101 goal to go veggie for one week. Maybe I'll start today!...... or tomorrow. lol.

淑怡 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。......................................................................

Unknown said...

Hey Selina! How is your tupperware business going?