CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
When is my wedding

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Letter to a Few

Dear Select Few Wedding Guests,

Where in the eff do you come off thinking that it's ok to assume other members of your family are invited? I did not invite your mom. I invited YOU. There was no '+ Mom' on the fucking invitation. I am not inviting some really good friends because Lovey and I are hardcore and paying for this shindig on our own. But please, feel free, bring all the people you want. I'll forget the detail that the invitation specifically had the number AND NAMES of people invited. I'll also forget that a certain someone was also a bride not to long ago and was bitching and moaning about this exact same thing. But of course, I'll let that all go. Because I want these random losers at my wedding. I would love to feed them, let them drink my booze and most likely not even get a fucking card. But please, join us. The more the merrier. FML.

Oh, and I swear, it really wasn't a headache at all trying to contact the missing 20 or 30 invites to determine if they were coming. I didn't realize that I should have had some sort of psychic ability to just KNOOOOW that you were coming. My mistake. I'll work on that.

Love,
Princess Selina
aka
The bride getting married in 9 days & trying to determine if we have enough room for everyone.

Selina's Signature

7 comments:

Terri @findingdrishti.com said...

oh dear. super annoying. sorry you're dealing with that!

rena said...

ugh i remember that, my aunt added +2 to her invite of 4 already because she thought my cousins might want to bring dates (who were NOT dating ANYONE). i told her, it's family, they know them, they dont' need dates.
just remember to breathe! it'll be here before you know it :)

Mechangel said...

Wow. I can't believe the nerve of some people. It's ok; karma will bite them in the ass.

Jennifer said...

Hmm I think you just weren't clear enough to them. I mean obviously you're supposed to bring your mom to someone's wedding unless it is specifically called out otherwise.

Hahaha totally kidding.

I know saying "stop stressing" isn't helpful, but just try to enjoy it. You've only got nine days left of all this!

(And I was right when I predicted this post would amuse me.)

Trish Finfer said...

I am sooooooo looking forward to this part of the wedding process. I am sure I will be asking DoodleBugs again when this happen, "Can't we just elope?".

Boot Camp U Austin said...

wow, i know you weren't talking to me but i feel like i have my tail between my legs now. glad i don't have to deal with that

we miss you at camp!

carli said...

Hello Lovely!! Just blog-stalkin and came across your world. It will all be over before you know it! And you'll only have a few photos of said's mom to show for it. HAHA.
jk.
Keep your head up, Lovely! The party is almost here!!!

Love, me